2nd edition of the French Wine Tourism Trophies24 September 2019
The magazine « Terre de Vins » is launching with the French tourism agency « Atout France » the second edition of the Wine Tourism Trophies in 2020, the only annual competition that crowns properties in each French wine region for the excellence of their wine tourism offerings and services.
Every year, wine tourism affects 10 million people in France, 42% of whom are foreigners. The sector is in strong development and the spending of tourists in France in 2016 is estimated at 5.2 million euros.
The Aim of the Wine Tourism Trophies is to enhance and encourage peopole in the wine industry to set up wine tourism services that meet the expectations of visitors.
This year again, nine different categories will reward properties in the 14 French wine regions*. Here are the categories involved and the winners of the first edition of the Trophies, in 2019:
– Architecture and Landscape: Château Pennautier
– Art and Culture: Ackerman House
– Creative Initiatives – Originality: Château Venus
– Business wine tourism – private events: Champagne Pannier
– Education – environmental enhancement: Château Feely
– Restoration in the vineyard: Château Guiraud
– Stay at the property: Château de Mercuès
– Valuation of appellations – institutions: Champagne Collet
– The family vineyard: the Chablisienne
For the 2020 edition, candidates have until September 30th to complete the application on the website: http://www.trophees-oenotourisme.fr/. The awards night will take place in March.
We wish all participants the best of luck!
*Alsace-Lorraine / Armagnac Sud-Ouest / Beaujolais / Burgundy / Bordeaux / Champagne / Cognac / Corsica / Jura-Savoie and Bugey / Languedoc / Provence / Roussillon / Val de Loire / Rhone Valley.